Dapoxetine or Priligy: Dosage, Side Effects, and Precautions
Premature ejaculation is quite common in males but in most of the cases of it gets better on its own whereas, in some males, the problem remains and often require medical attention. Dapoxetine tablets are manufactured for males with premature ejaculation and are considered quite effective in curing the problem. Dapoxetine is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) medicine specially manufactured for premature ejaculation treatment in men. It improves the ejaculation time and also improves your control over the ejaculation.
It is important to read the printed information on the leaflet from the manufacturer before taking this medicine. Besides precisely telling you about medicine’s functionality, the leaflet also explains the possible side effects an individual with different conditions can have.
Who can take Dapoxetine?
Also known as Priligy, Dapoxetine tablets are usually consumed by men between 18 to 64 years old with the following problems
- If the male has less than 2 minutes of ejaculation time following penetration most of the time with little stimulation.
- If the male is in depression or distress due to the premature ejaculation problem.
- If the male has a very poor or no control over the ejaculation.
It is recommended to take Dapoxetine as per your doctor’s prescription. Still, the medicine can be consumed without a doctor’s recommendation if you have a very less ejaculation.
It is advised to take 30mg dose of the medicine 1 to 3 hours prior to the sex. It depends on your doctor to increase your dose to 60mg if not much improvement is recorded. It is also strictly advised to avoid taking more than one tablet in 24 hours. Drink at least a full glass of water with every tablet. Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Dapoxetine. You can take it with or without food.
- It is recommended to inform your doctor about any allergies to any type of foods, other medicines, dyes, preservatives, etc.
- Inform your doctor if you are not diagnosed with premature ejaculation and just feel that you have the problem.
- Inform your doctor about any kind of recreational drugs you use such as narcotics, LSD, ecstasy, or benzodiazepines.
- Inform your doctor if you ever had or still have the following conditions:
- History of low blood pressure dizziness
- Issues with heart and blood vessels
- Bleeding tendencies
- Psychiatric disorders, like schizophrenia
- Mania histories such as hallucinations, great excitement, difficulty in concentrating, or bipolar disorder
- Have uncontrolled epilepsy or seizures (fits)
- Severe liver or kidney problems
- Sexual dysfunction
If a male is suffering only from premature ejaculation then it will work perfectly for him without any side effects. However, taking other medications and having other situations can result in some side effects from Dapoxetine. While most of these effects are not serious, you might need medical attention in some cases.
Keep in mind that these side effects may never happen to you, so before you stop taking the medicine after experiencing any of these, please consult your doctor first.
- Fainting or feeling dizzy upon standing
- Blurred vision
- Eye pain
- Increased blood pressure
- Ringing in the ears
- Erectile dysfunction (difficulty in getting or keeping an erection)
- Nasal congestion
- Tingling or numbness
- Diarrhea, dry mouth, abdominal pain, constipation, bloating, vomiting, ingestion, intestinal gas
- Fatigue, sleepiness, and yawning
- Excessive sweating
- Difficulty paying attention and feeling irritable
- Difficulty sleeping
- Anxiety, nervousness, decreased sexual desire, depression, indifference
- Abnormal dreams