A coronavirus is a group of viruses mainly found in mammals which includes Human also and it became the trending topic for NEWS headlines as many people are getting infected by this virus and hundreds of people from different countries have already lost their lives.
COVID-19 is the communicable disease mainly caused by a coronavirus. It was unknown before the outbreak began in Wuhan, China. China has got a huge impact because of this virus, people are getting locked to their homes and buildings by the officials just not to spread this virus. People who are infected by this virus are not allowed to visit their families even doctors who are involved in the rescue operations have also lost their life. People from other countries who went to China for some reasons are appealing to their respective governments to accept them back to their country. But, as this virus spread very easily and due to the lack of treatment available in the world, countries are hesitating to bring the citizen back. The most important fact about this is till now no vaccine or exact treatment available to overcome this dangerous virus.
- SARS and MERS are the two dangerous diseases that can be caused by Coronavirus.
- In research, it is found that this virus can infect mice, rats, dogs, cats, pigs and cattle.
- These viruses are responsible for about 30% of common colds and there are six known human coronaviruses.
- SARS (Severe acute respiratory syndrome) spread from China to other nearby countries like Singapore and killed approx 3500.
- There is no vaccine available for the common cold by Coronavirus.
COVID-19 affects people, older persons and persons with a pre-existing medical condition like heart disease, blood pressure, cancer, lung disease, diabetes and more.
Human infected with this virus can be found with the following symptoms.
- Cold or flu-type symptoms
- Running nose
- Sore throat
- Any respiratory disorder
It’s unclear exactly how contagious the new coronavirus is. It appears to spread from person to person. It may be spread by respiratory dewdrops released when someone with the virus coughs or sneezes.
It may also be spread if a person touches a surface with the virus on it and then touches his or her mouth, nose or eyes directly.
Risk factors for COVID-19 appear to include:
- Close contact with someone who has COVID-19 — such as when a family member or health care worker takes care of an infected person.
Things to be taken care
As this virus has no particular vaccine or drug available in the market then following things have to be taken care of so to prevent this virus from spreading.
- Drink enough water (boiled)
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid going to public places, if necessary then carry a mask
- Use a clean cloth to stop running nose or while sneezing
- Take rest and avoid overexertion
- If found any symptoms then consult directly to the doctor
- If you travelled recently internationally and find any symptoms then consult your doctor immediately.
As always said, prevention is better than cure, so we need to be aware of such health problems.
Be aware and stay healthy!